While we don't often get snow, holiday lights can get Arizonans into the winter spirit. Light displays are a great activity to take your family, friends, or holiday visitors to over the season.
- Luminaria Nights. Starting on December 6th, and running through the 15th, Tucson Botanical Gardens hosts Luminaria Nights. The event features over 3,500 luminarias and more than 24 Korean lanterns to light up the garden and guides visitors through a winter wonderland. At select times guests can experience the magic of snowfall in the desert. There will also be food, drinks, and music from performances such as the Manhattan Dolls to further enhance the beauty of the garden.
- Winterhaven Festival of Lights. A Tucson tradition, taking place December 14th through 29th, Winterhaven Festival of Lights is one of the most impressive neighborhoods to stroll with friends and family this holiday season. The Winterhaven community puts together an amazing light display, while also giving back to the community through its partnership with the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona.
- Holiday Nights at Tohono Chul. Take a stroll along garden paths to enjoy over a million holiday lights. Musical performances are scattered throughout the garden for guests to enjoy while they sip on hot chocolate and indulge in tasty treats! Holiday Nights take place on Fridays and Saturdays during December.
- Lights of the World. With more than 15 carnival rides and over six million lights, Lights of the World is an immersive experience with 45 stunning light displays. Taking place at the Kino Sports Complex through January 5th, it is one of the most abundant lights and lantern festivals in North America.
- Taco Drop New Year's Eve. The capstone of the holiday season is New Year's Eve. Celebrate by attending Hotel Congress' giant Taco Drop, lighting up at midnight.
- Las Noches de Las Luminarias. Take a Walkthrough the Desert Botanical Garden to experience over 8,000 luminaria lights lining the garden paths and illuminating the garden flora.
- Zoo Lights. Taking place November 27th - January 19th, Glow Wild features millions of sparkling lights, hundreds of holiday displays, and festive food and drink for all the family to enjoy.
- Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade. A yearly tradition, Tempe Town Lake, hosts the 20th Annual Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade on December 14th. Over 50 festively decorated boats will be on display, along with food trucks and local shopping at the Holiday Market.
- Lights of the World. With over 10-million lights and 65 different displays, Lights of the World is a sight to behold. Enjoy the carnival rides, acrobatic performances, and global cuisine as you stroll throughout the fairgrounds.
While Arizona communities provide many ways to hit the town and enjoy fabulous light displays during the holidays, you can create your very own light display at home. You can't go wrong with a classic string lights; and light projectors can add unique designs to the facade of your home.